Jump Ball

This blog will focus on college basketball while venturing into the other sports as their season's take shape. Since it's starting in February the first few posts may be outdated but will be a sampling of the hoops ideas from this season.

Monday, March 7, 2011

WCC

Bo Kimble just said "pretty much I went from scoring 35 a game to scoring 50 a game to make up for the loss of Hank." I actually started this post to talk about St. Mary/Gonzaga but then Kimble came on TV. What a sad story about Hank Gathers, died 21 years ago this week and the high school basketball player Wes Leonard who passed away tragically last week in Michigan.
WCC had some good bball this year, like always, and I watched a lotta good teams in Portland, USF, and Santa Clara but the big boys are gonna get it on tonight in Vegas, 9 pm tip time.
SM has the conference player of the year in Mickey McConnell, who made a leaning game winner against the Zags in Spokane on January 27. The Zags won the 2nd matchup, February 24th, in Overtime. Obviously the teams are evenly matched. I don't like Stockton as a PG but do really like the Zags. They started off slow and had a little injury trouble along with a freshman (Stockton) who gets significant minutes and a transfer (Marquise Carter) who also gets significant time. Carter gets 5.8 ppg but can really score and has been in double digits 6 of the last 11 games. I like the Zags to win another close one tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment