The last two hours just validated why I watch sports. The Uconn/Pitt game was one of the top 15 (probably a lot higher) Uconn games I have ever watched. It was a battle, it was a war, it was back and forth, Pitt held a double digit lead in the first half and 7 point leads in the 2nd half. Uconn didn't quit. The pure excitement of sports is why I watch Baylor play Texas A&M in the middle of the winter. The exciting games are more exciting than most anything else. At one point I even had to mentally step back from "wow this is a great game" to watching Shabazz pump his fist after his baseline three made it a one point game and i thought "screw just being a great game Hell Yah I want Uconn to win." Jim Calhoun is a multi-millionaire cancer surviving grandfather. He could easily retire and golf the rest of his life. But I watch him jumping his way to mid-court to chase down his celebrating players so he can be part of it after the game is over. I watch him jumping with every time the ball is batted off the glass on a frenetic offensive rebounding scramble and when Uconn comes out with the ball JC realizes he better back up because he is practically in the way of the offense as he stands at the 3 point line. If there is something else that can make me close my computer and only answer the necessary Uconn related text messages for two hours than please let me know so I can stop watching sports and start doing whatever this amazing new activity is. Kemba....Wow. So mature. So awesome. Such a leader. Rebounding. Foul Shots. Clutch is freakin understatement. And Uconn's coming back at 'em tomorrow playing either the Johnnies or the Orange in the Semi's.
No comments:
Post a Comment