So, lets break this down. Clemson's bid was essentially an ACC bid. So bye bye BC and VT. BC you shouldn't of lost to Clemson 70-47.
VT can only ride their Duke win for so long. Clemson beat VT and had a better RPI and SS with the same record. I could see a case for VT over Clemson but have no problem especially since I think they should have lost to FSU in the ACC Tourney. I wouldn't change the call on the floor. Watch for yourself.
Wichita State really had no chance but I wanted to put their stats up their since I think they were comparable to VCU. However VCU did beat them.
Gonzaga receiving an 11 seed really makes you wonder if they would have made the tournament as an at large team, had St. Mary's won the WCC Tourney.
Colorado, terrible out of league SS but they did beat KST x 3 and Texas. I put them in the tourney, absolutely.
So where am I going with this...
WCC, got no respect. I see that changing when Gonzaga beats a St. Johns team sans DJ Kennedy and then sends Jimmer home. Yes I said sends Jimmer home.
CAA, got some ridiculous amount of undeserved respect and VCU a 4th place team in that league made the tourney. I hope USC beats them by 30 tomorrow night.
UAB gets credit for winning the CUSA regular season title even though their best non conference win was VCU. Come on!
Although I previously posted that Richmond "snuck in" with their A10 Tourney win, I realize that had they lost the final they had already played their way into the tournament.
Gonzaga, like I said, I don't know. Maybe the selection committee looked at the WCC as a 1 bid league regardless of who won their tournament. But, I don't agree with the last four that made it.
I'll make this simple.
VCU a mid-major at best gets replaced by St. Mary's, tied for WCC regular season title, also a mid-major.
UAB gets replaced by Colorado.
Alabama from the SEC takes USC's spot. And hey if you wanna go out on a limb with some mid major love give 25 win Missouri State and their regular season Missouri Valley Conference Title some respect and take them instead of both Alabama and USC.
Agree on everything. I still think St. Mary's should have made it even if they lost in the NIT last night. Colorado and St. Mary's were the only teams I thought should get in.
ReplyDelete