Jump Ball

This blog will focus on college basketball while venturing into the other sports as their season's take shape. Since it's starting in February the first few posts may be outdated but will be a sampling of the hoops ideas from this season.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Southwest

1. Kansas-I think Selby is awesome but have some doubts about the Morris brothers composure. That said I called Kansas and OSU the best teams in the country in January, so no reason to back off now.
2. Notre Dame-They shoot the lights out. Tyler's little brother is a player. Let's see if they can guard Purdue.
3. Purdue-Johnson and Moore are one of the best two man tandems in the country. The suspension of Barlow will definitely hurt but they'll play into the second week.
4. Louisville-Fast paced frenetic style. They'll press you in the last minute of the game, Vandy has good enough guards that the second game will be a fun one to watch.
5. Vanderbilt-Jenkins and Taylor get 19.5 ppg and 15.1 ppg, respectively. They can shoot the lights out as a team.
6. Georgetown-Chris Wright is definitely the key to this team. VCU certainly didn't impress me enough last night to think the Hoyas are 1 and done but I don't see them playing next week. If Wright plays like this guy, then they'll be around for a while.
7. Texas A&M-Lost three out of their last five. They were hot in February but I'm not buying the Aggies in March.
8. UNLV-They've played good teams and lost three times by a total of 14 points to SDSU. No chance against Bill Self, if they get that far.
9. Illinois-Why the heck am I picking them today? 6-10 in their last 16. Big Ten over Mountain West.
10. Florida State-Singleton has been practicing and he is their best player. His return could be key but they probably won't beat Notre Dame with or without him.
11. VCU-I'm gonna give them credit for a solid win last night. Good defense, but an ugly game. They aren't as good as Georgetown.
12. Richmond-27 wins and they are hot, probably played their way into the tourney even if they lost the A10 final.
13. Morehead State-Kenneth Faried 17.6 ppg, 14.5 rpg, 2.4 bpg. Should be the best player on the floor so watch him if you have the chance. First, they'll need to break the Louisville press to get him the ball in the offense.
14. St. Peter's-Four...Fourth place in the MAAC regular season. Four scorers getting 10 ppg.
15. Akron-Unless Lebron takes his talents to Akron, they're in trouble. And he isn't very clutch anyways.
16. Boston University-I repeatedly heard ESPN announce they were "partying on Comm. Ave" last weekend. He was right they were partying, but I doubt it had anything to do with Wild Bill MacDonald's alma mater making the tournament on the shoulders of America East POY John Holland.

No comments:

Post a Comment