Lots of teams out there. Lets give each two sentences or less.
1. Pitt-Tons of experience Gibbs, Wanamaker, McGhee. Good D and fundamentals, toughest test will be in Sweet 16, probably playing 5 games.
2. Florida-Improved all year as team matured, good guards with Walker and Boynton. Could play 4, could play 2, but not seeing a Final Four.
3. BYU-Jimmer. I see a loss to Gonzaga in their 2nd game and if they get past that Pitt's team D is too good to let Jimmer's friends beat them even if he scores 60.
4. Wisconsin-Taylor (27 points 21 in the 2nd half) may have put on the shooting performance of the year, from a player not named Kemba or Jimmer, when they beat Ohio State. Then they scored 33 as a team against Penn State in the Big 10 Tourney, I see a loss my man Jacob Pullen.
5. Kansas State-Fear the Beard. Yes they miss Denis Clemente but I'm sure every team misses a player that was on them last year. If Pullen plays under control he can pick you apart and I see a great matchup when he takes on Pitt in the Round of 16. Watch McGruder (I must like K.St. they got way more than 2 sentences).
6. St. John's-Bad break with big man DJ Kennedy tearing his ACL in the Big East Tournament. Hardy has the ability to go off and he better in order to win even one game, as i see them losing to Gonzaga on Thursday.
7. UCLA-I'm a big fan of the BIG MAN, freshman Josh Smith. They won't survive the first weekend thus allowing Reeves Nelson, 13.9 ppg, more time to get inked up in Cali.
8. Butler-They do have experience from last year's title run, but it's gonna take a mighty performance for Howard, Mack, and Nored to get past first weekend and #1 seed Pitt.
9. ODU-Lots of seniors carrying this team will benefit them against Butler, but I have an anti-CAA bias and hope they're done before I eat my second lunch (I eat a lot) on St. Patty's Day.
10. Michigan State-I think 25% of the posts on this site mentioned how good MSU could become this year, then Korie Lucious was kicked off the team. Then they decided to go on a run in the Big 10 tourney and Kalin Lucas found his jump shot. They could, I say could, beat Florida and if that happens watch out as I already said I think Jimmer will be out of the way. Common sense tells me that Florida will lock them up and send them home.
11. Gonzaga-Obviously I like them. Sacre is a force inside, Gray and Harris are experienced and Marquise Carter was the WCC Newcomer of the Year. They'll beat both the Johnnies and Jimmer then lose to a better Florida team.
12. Utah State-30 wins is a heckuva lotta W's. I don't foresee them getting to 31. Tai Wesley 14.7 ppg, 8 rpg, is their best player.
13. Belmont-Another 30 win team with 6'10" Scott Saunders in the middle. Yes, if Wisconsin scores in the 30's Belmont could advance easily, I see a close game in the low 50's and a 5 point loss.
14. Wofford-Noah Dahlman gets 20 ppg and 5.5 rpg. Unfortunately for Wofford, and fortunately for those of us that like ridiculous scoring outputs, they are playing Jimmer.
15. UCSB-Fourth place in the league before they got hot and won the Big West conference tournament. Orlando Johnson 21.1 ppg, 6.3 rpg and James Nunnally 16.4 ppg, 5.7 rpg should lead the Gauchos in their one and only NCAA Tournament game this year.
16. UNC-Asheville-I think they will count their game against Arkansas-Little Rock tonight as a tournament win. Good for them, because they won't get any more. Matt Dickey 15.3 ppg hit a game tying 3 with 10 seconds left to send their game, against Arkansas-Little Rock, into OT.

No comments:
Post a Comment