Jump Ball
This blog will focus on college basketball while venturing into the other sports as their season's take shape. Since it's starting in February the first few posts may be outdated but will be a sampling of the hoops ideas from this season.
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Validation
Uconn's team has certainly changed throughout the year and with the team change has been the change in Kemba...Check that. Kemba has changed and with his change Uconn has changed. After weeks of even the most ardent supporters (I think i may have lashed out on some Kemba critics on a Hartford Courant blog) wondering where his legs and in turn Uconn's season were. The answer came back tonight. He played amazing. He is one of the 5 best players in the country. As my brother Greg said "i think you have a thing for 6'8" three-guards"...well of course I do. Who doesn't? The point is, maybe I'm not a great prognosticator of PG talent. I love kemba but he seems too short, too....well he's short. I know he's quick. So is rondo. I am a bad, or more aptly, I am an apprehensive judge of translating college PG's to the NBA. So without fail let me say I have no idea what he will do at the next level. I do know he played great and unstoppable tonight. ESPN3.COM, I love you for bringing me all the Uconn games in Boston this year but you were terrible tonight. (Side Note)...Uconn's defense and rebounding were phenomenal, JCM hit the glass big time. I heard tonight described by some Uconn fan's as a "must-win" yet as a realist I thought "you can never call a game against a top 2 big east team a 'must-win'"...Well Uconn won. I had been soooooooooo impressed with Freeman and Wright all year and I think Uconn's D contributed to Freemans worst night of the season. I like Hollis Thompson. The big east tourney and ensuing NCAA tourney will be fun. I think G'town can go to the Final Four (ff), Pitt (ff), 'Nova (ff, but probably not), Uconn (yes, it's been re-affirmed FF potential, Champion potential with the right draw), and ND (FF is possible).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment