Jump Ball

This blog will focus on college basketball while venturing into the other sports as their season's take shape. Since it's starting in February the first few posts may be outdated but will be a sampling of the hoops ideas from this season.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Fear The Beard

Even 80% of the way through the season KST is still feeling the effects of losing Clemente (yes i started this post before Bob Knight mentioned Clemente). Last year Pullen could play off the ball and also had the benefit of Clemente being able to score double digits. Additionally the on again off again season of suspensions for Curtis Kelly hasn't helped. Pullen literally looks like he is carrying the weight of K. State's whole season on his shoulders every time he has the ball. He ends up dribbling too much and getting too deep (he is SHORT) and in turn he forces some shots, tries to draw the foul, etc...I hope he plays well and they win tonight but clearly K State doesn't have many options this year and he is undoubtedly their best option while also being the guy on the team who can always get a shot up. I think you can never underestimate the ability to get shots off. I could go 1/3 on open three pointers, I just couldn't even come close to getting open.

No comments:

Post a Comment