Jump Ball

This blog will focus on college basketball while venturing into the other sports as their season's take shape. Since it's starting in February the first few posts may be outdated but will be a sampling of the hoops ideas from this season.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Uconn beats 'da Hoyas

I want to add something for actual bball fans. Calhoun has consciously taken the ball out of kemba's hands. It is very hard for me to watch Uconn and not watch the ball. I watch Izzo and I watch the game, literally try to detach myself from where the ball is, but with Uconn I watch the ball. Regardless of what I watch, I do watch Uconn. G'town throws a Man 2 Man against Uconn and they let Lamb take the point in generally a 1-4 high with Kemba running off screens that get him the ball at the foul line extended. Uconn gets Wright and even Sims in foul trouble. So now all the switching they do is problematic because Kemba loves to have not just a "big" but a "big in foul trouble" covering him. Additionally, Kemba happens to be making his highest percentage of contested layups all season. ...Bottom line it worked out well. Kemba made every lay-up. G'town was in foul trouble and practiced a switching defense on the screen and roll. Uconn was in the 1and1 at the 11 minute mark. Great W, lots of respect for Freeman and Wright (honestly not from tonight but just from their season and career) they are a Final 8 team with potential for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment