Jump Ball

This blog will focus on college basketball while venturing into the other sports as their season's take shape. Since it's starting in February the first few posts may be outdated but will be a sampling of the hoops ideas from this season.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

BYU 71 SDSU 58

So, that games was a lot of fun to watch. First time I saw Jimmer this year, the double clutch 3 he hit early in the 2nd half was awesome. He can light it up. Also BYU blocked a lot of shots, 9. However, after the excitement of the game I have to say I'm unimpressed with both teams. BYU will go as far as Jimmer can take them and NO further. Maybe I'm slightly exaggerating since Emery had 4 and averages 12, but when they run into a big, tough team they will lose. I wouldn't ever consider pressing BYU I'd save my energy and seriously consider almost double teaming Jimmer. Maybe a Box and 1 with a double in some spots. He makes some bad decisions when he gets up in the air and tries to pass. SDSU, was 5/20 in from 3 and scored 27 points in the 2nd half. Gay and White with 8 total points. Kawhi was awesome and I bet I find him even more impressive the next time I watch because I won't have to try to find him. Bottom line the game was awesome to watch but I dont think either is a final four team and could see both losing in the 2nd or 3rd round.

No comments:

Post a Comment