Jump Ball
This blog will focus on college basketball while venturing into the other sports as their season's take shape. Since it's starting in February the first few posts may be outdated but will be a sampling of the hoops ideas from this season.
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
1/23 Pre-Lucious Suspension
I do not understand Michigan State. I saw them in Hawaii and immediately thought they had the most talent in the NCAA and that they would gel into a powerhouse. The problem I have now is that I still have such supreme confidence in them that I'm turning into an idiot as I keep expecting them to win. The pieces they have are ridiculous lucious and lucas at the guards with lucious already having the experience of carrying a team to the FF. Roe, Summers, and Green are all big, athletic, and at least at times have the ability to shoot. Last night they seemed to give up a lot of points, I didn't see the game so I can't really comment on their defense, however Purdue can put points up there so it isn't a surprise. Also, Izzo. He is definitively a great coach, so from day 1 when I saw the talent he had I thought he would bring them together. And I still have so much confidence in them that I'm able to make excuses, Lucas 3-16, and think that "oh, well if he shoots better they'll win". Lucas is in a serious 3 game shooting slump. This has turned into a bit of a ramble but am I wrong to still think they can go to the final four?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment