Jump Ball

This blog will focus on college basketball while venturing into the other sports as their season's take shape. Since it's starting in February the first few posts may be outdated but will be a sampling of the hoops ideas from this season.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

911

Last night's broken hand for Chris Wright of G'town is a devastating injury for their postseason hopes. I would have to rank the most detrimental injuries this year as...
#1. Robbie Hummel-Yes, Purdue has played well without him and I love Johnson and Moore, but they would be even better and probably a top 5 as opposed to top 15 if Hummel was healthy.
#2. Wright-Word is that he will be back before the season is over, but will that be in time to play and play effectively in the NCAA games? Also how much will their seed be affected by losing him for the last few weeks of play? G'town is barely above average without Wright and with him they are an upset away from the FF.
#3. Kyrie Irving-Nolan Smith has played exceptional, making a case for ACC and National POY, which is why I rank Irving as the third most important injury. Also, Duke had time to recover from their loss, since Irving was hurt so early. However, if Duke doesn't make the FF, the impact of Irving's injury may need to be re-evaluated.
I was actually busy for a few days and haven't seen as much hoops as I would have liked, so hopefully I can get back online and keep this blog going.

No comments:

Post a Comment