I find myself in a tough position trying to evaluate this situation. I am a fan of rules. I am a fan of following the rules. Brandon Davies has been kicked off the BYU basketball team and it seems that his violation of the Honor Code was for having sex with his girlfriend. I vehemently opposed Terrelle Pryor, etc for their involvement in selling memorabilia, because they knew the rules and they broke them. I'm sure that Davies knew the rules at BYU, however...hmmm...it seems pretty tough to kick a kid off a college basketball team for having sex. I can have two stances on this.
1. Davies knew the rule and broke the rule, his punishment is just.
2. What kind of archaic belief system agrees in punishing a young individual for having sex with a girlfriend/boyfriend?
...Without expounding on this, I will push my allegiance towards point #2.
No comments:
Post a Comment